Thursday 23 November 2017

7 miles long run

After many weeks of blogging silence I'm ready to share again. Thank you to all the lovely people who stretched out a friendly, supportive hand over the last few weeks. It really boosted me. John (below - at the end of parkrun), shared his memories of life with two young children and was really honest and I have loved this about this blog; hearing about other's experiences which otherwise would have gone unheard.

Thanks to John for taking/talking me through the second half of my first 10K after the Holly Hustle defeat. I ran to the park (3m) and then did parkrun (3m) and was as pleased as punch to have done it.


I then ran a few times through the week and then did a 10k in just over 45 minutes - to say I was proud is an understatement...I still haven't shut up about it! It was a cold and sunny morning, a flat route with plenty of cheerful faces.


The best bit was meeting up with the South Leeds Sisters at the start and cheering them on along the route. For 2 days after I relished the nostalgic ache and heavy legs.

I had planned to be up to a 10 mile ling run by January but I'm a bit behind. I plan on running each day in December (even if it's only 20 minutes with the buggy) and that should help get me into the swing of things. My toddler has stopped napping so mid afternoon is being earmarked for training and I've dug out super warm pram suits to keep them both warm on my adventures.

7 miles for my log run this month...starting tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Holly...i love how you reflect on your experiences in training for ultimately the London marathon next year...I feel so happy and privileged to have been with you from the start of your running career!...I would love to be more with you now in your preparation for London, however, my body isn't quite as athletic as it was and I would drag you back 😒...thank you for being you holly...I love you...x x x

    ReplyDelete